-->
no
no

My Five Favourite Repairs

3 comments
My Five Favourite Repairs
I haven't been able to blog for a whole week - we were very busy at the Fashion Revolution Day event last Friday, and I got so excited with the bigger than expected turnout that I couldn't sleep that night! Then it was the long weekend and we were pleasantly surprised to be invited on to 938Live on Wednesday to talk about the whole movement. So my mind has been abuzz as to how to improve the session and bring about more awareness. More of that in another blog post.


repairs


End of the Making Good Blog Train

But I thought it would be good to share my thoughts on the recent blog train  I hosted, Making Good. We had so many great repairs, and the most important thing was that we learnt something new.  One blogger mentioned that it was the repair train that got her to really get down to her mending - she had a whole pile of fixes to be done! 

I want to share my five favourites. I was going to pick three but there were just so many good repairs that I was in a fix so I decided to choose five. 

All of them are amazing so I encourage you to read about the blog train and all the posts, here!

#1 How to Repair Upholstery Holes

This came from Brandi of SuperGirlSavings. She made a great video on how to save your furniture. 

Upholstery Repair

#2 How to Repair Coats

Julia from Sum of Their Stories shared how she fixed a pleather jacket.  This was a great repair. We don't get to wear thick coats in Singapore but this will be useful with garments of any heavy material.




#3 How to Repair a Teddy Bear

I always thought that if you repaired a stuffed toy it would look like it had just gone through surgery. Not with Jean Stitch's tutorial - she makes an old teddy look brand new

image


#4 How to Fix a Bag Strap

Stella from Purfylle showed us how to mend a bag strap with crochet

crochet string bag repair


#5 How to Repair Toys

It's always good to teach your children to make do with the toys that you have, and broken ones too! Judith of Juicy Green Mom came up with a great way of salvaging her child's broken toy. 


making-good-repairing-toys-lalaloopsy-silly-funhouse-fixed-juicygreenmom

What is Repair? Why Bother?  

Some see repair as a way of reconnecting with our possessions as we extend their lives. Others see it as a form of creative potential and an avenue to express their craft.  The rewards for mending varies from feeling immense satisfaction to prolonging the life of the product. Hop over to the “Making Good” blog train and see what we have repaired and reconnected with. Have you mended anything today?
author profile image
Abdelghafour

Lorem Ipsum is simply dummy text of the printing and typesetting industry. Lorem Ipsum has been the industry's standard dummy text ever since the 1500s, when an unknown printer took a galley of type and scrambled it to make a type specimen book.

3 comments

  1. That's great, Agy, that your event went so well! And what a great and useful blog train this was! I was really fascinated to see how many different repairs there were of totally different types! :) Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your ideas about how to repair different things. I would much rather repair something instead of spending my money purchasing a replacement.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those fixes are so creative and useful. Thanks Agy for bringing them to Fridays Blog Booster Party
    Kathleen

    ReplyDelete

no
no